Wednesday, May 4, 2011

An alternative to spaghetti squash...

So, we had spaghetti squash the other day for dinner (on one of the days I didn't have time to blog), and I wasn't as thrilled by it as I was the first time. It was still good, but not delicious. Tonight, we had spaghetti-sauced meat over green beans. It was really good. Here's the scoop. Brown 2 lbs ground beef, mix with sauce - the sauce was supposed to be homemade, but I ran out of tomato sauce; therefore, Prego came to the rescue! Toss a bag of frozen or fresh green beans with olive oil (I used a frozen mix of green beans and yellow wax beans...man, I can't wait for the garden this summer!!! Then added oregano and basil for a little more flavor), put it under the broiler for about 10 minutes or so, turning often, until the beans are slightly crispy. Plate the beans, top with meat, and eat! Even my non-green-bean-loving-hubs thought it was tasty.


On another note, I woke up this morning feeling a little different. Thinner, if you will. So...I weighed. Another pound lost! 138lbs this morning! Wow. Also, as promised by the diet, I noticed my skin is clearer. I have suffered with annoying adult acne for a very long time. The only time I've noticed clear skin is either when I'm pregnant or when I was on an allergy-free diet. Yet another confirmation that my body does not do well with dairy or wheat products. I'm loving these new discoveries!

No comments:

Post a Comment